HOME CHURCH COMMITMENT
At CCF we encourage participation in Home Church Commitment rather than church membership.
What’s the difference? Beyond semantics, we believe a home church commitment provides clarity to what we are committed to within community.
Those who designate CCF as their home church, embrace a commitment with others to Connecting, Growing, Giving, and Serving within the body of CCF.
Connecting relationally to the people who make up the family of CCF.
- Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42
Growing in their personal walk with God and through the opportunities with the CCF community.
- Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16
- Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. Colossians 2:6-7
Giving of time and financial resources to advance God’s purposes in and through this church body.
- Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine. Proverbs 3:9-10
- Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
Serving others by exercising the skills and abilities God has equipped you with.
- As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. 1 Peter 4:10
- For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
We love to publicly acknowledge people who are committed to the mission of CCF with us. We do this several times throughout the year within our worships services. If you have questions about a next step for you or to be included in our next celebration of new people, please contact the office. We would love to talk with you!